In 2014, over 52,000 tonnes of rubbish was re-used, recycled, composted or diverted from landfill through Birmingham’s HRC sites.Veolia Birmingham operates all five of the Household Recycling Centres in the city for the use of Birmingham residents to dispose of their household waste. The Household Recycling Centres take a wide range of items and they’re really useful for waste that can’t be recycled or disposed of via collection services or bring banks.
Please note that the sites do get very busy during summer weekends and bank holidays, so if possible use the sites outside of these times. The sites are open late in the evenings to allow for this. Please ensure that before you visit one of the sites, you have segregated your waste into the various recyclable categories. This will make your visit as speedy as possible and will avoid delays for yourself and others.
How to access the sites if you have a van or large trailer - permits
- Our access control system will be applied to vans, pick up trucks, mobile homes, vehicles without seats and trailers greater than or equal to in size 1.83m x 1.22m (6' x 4')
- Check your waste is acceptable (your own waste and recycling)
- Check your preferred site is accessible for your vehicle - 2.1m height limit on all sites except James Road, Tyseley
- Visit your site - no pre booking required - a permit will be issued on site providing you meet the criteria
- If your vehicle type, residence status and waste are acceptable your vehicle details will be recorded and you will be issued with a 12 visit/one year entry permit for that vehicle
- One visit will be given for vehicles in cases of genuine doubt, until status can be established
- Please note that trade and commercial wastes and non Birmingham residents are not permitted entry to the Houshold Recycling Centre
Please note that you have to register your van or large trailer at one site only. We do not allow vans or large trailers to use different sites.