Life at Veolia
We believe in creating strong, winning teams that can add to the success of our business. That’s why we have the right training, talent programmes and career pathways in place for everyone. Because together, we’re stronger. Join us and you could be part of that success story too.
We prefer a blended approach to learning that uses a mixture of techniques. From on-site visits to dedicated classroom environments, role play, written assignments and on-line learning. You can work towards gaining a range of recognised qualifications including:
National Vocational Qualifications from Level 1 in Waste Management to Level 4 in the Certificate of Technical Competence.
Apprenticeships - an ambitious programme for 300 apprentices that provides an opportunity to learn on the job and qualify for a variety of roles.
Supported learning, both financially and with study time, to gain qualifications with an external provider including degrees, MBAs and chartered status.
This forms part of a great package of benefits to make your career at Veolia truly rewarding!
- An optional pension scheme that both you and Veolia can pay contributions into
- Childcare vouchers taken as part of your salary to save on tax and National Insurance
- The Veolia Values staff discount scheme for savings, discounts and cash back offers on everything from grocery shopping to days out
- A Cycle2Work scheme that could save you tax and National Insurance when you buy a new bike to cycle all (or part of) the way to work
- Our Employee Assistance Programme for helpful, confidential support 24/7 for personal or work problems
- Employee bonuses are linked to our company targets
Our aim is to recruit locally wherever possible, and we advertise roles at local jobcentres around the UK in partnership with JCP.
We work with prisons to deliver training, support and qualifications to offenders on their journey to rehabilitation.
We also sponsor many local schemes and make donations to local charities. One of our most popular initiatives is our employee volunteering scheme. It gives every member of staff the opportunity to devote half a day of their working time every year giving something back to their local community – without losing a penny of their pay.
Our efforts in this area do not go unnoticed - we have been rewarded with Four Stars in the Business in the Community (BitC) Corporate Responsibility Index in which we were placed second in the UK nationwide.
Our community activities also extend across the globe: Veolia Force is a network of emergency employee volunteers which can be mobilised to attend natural disaster areas and provide practical assistance.