Veolia operates 13 Household Waste Recycling Centres in locations across Merseyside. We also look after a further 2 HWRCs in Halton and a composting facility.
Opening times April - September:
8am - 8pm
Opening times October - March:
8am - 5pm (Halton sites 8am - 6pm)
Centres are open every day except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
When visiting the Household Waste Recycling Centres please remember:
- To plan your visit and avoid peak times (weekends and bank holidays are our busiest periods and you should expect delays)
- Consider which materials can be recycled and re-used
- Segregate your recyclables before your visit
- Wear appropriate clothing, footwear (no flip flops or sandals) and gloves
- Children and animals must stay in the vehicle at all times for their own safety
There is a height barrier of 1.75m at the entrance and exit to every site, please ask attendants if you require assistance.
Trade, Commercial and Industrial Wastes are not permitted at Household Waste Recycling Centres in Merseyside and Halton, please be aware that your details may be passed on to enforcement authorities.
For more information on Trade Waste click here.
VAN PERMIT SCHEME
If you are planning on using a van, pick-up truck or large trailer to access the Household Waste Recycling Centre you will need to apply for a permit.
For more information or to apply for a permit, visit www.merseysidewda.gov.uk/waste-recycling/permit-scheme or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0151 236 0305
Vehicles above 3.5t gross vehicle weight, and vehicles with trailers which are longer than 3 metres are not allowed to access a HWRC.
To view monthly recycling rates of our HWRCs click here.