Biomass is a form of stored solar energy and of all possible renewable energy solutions it has the potential to deliver some of the most significant and cost-effective carbon savings. In the form of recycled wood biomass represents one of the most practical options available for green energy. Although burning biomass releases carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, this is offset by the carbon dioxide absorbed in the original growth of the biomass. And, when linked to CHP technology, provides a proven and cost-effective, environmentally-friendly means of providing our future energy needs.
Waste wood diverted from landfill; becomes a resource
Over 706 MWe of electricity produced each year using biomass
13 biomass fueled CHP plants across 7 different countries
Veolia's biomass services
We have biomass energy solutions that deliver electricity to the grid, provide renewable heat for industry and district heating and provide electricity and heat through biomass powered Combined Heat & Power.
Veolia has a dedicated biomass team with expertise across all areas of a biomass project. We can:
- provide a secure, reliable, long-term supply of consistent high quality fuel, both recycled and from virgin wood
- deliver biomass fuel to any location using our unparalleled transport and logistics expertise
- ensure that plant and machinery is well maintained and available as required
- manage of any bioamss project from design through to comissioning and operation
- act as a reputable, financially stable partner when sourcing investment
- help improve recycling and recovery rates of waste wood
Veolia has developed global expertise in these key elements of any biomass project. This expertise means that our customers are provided with a reliable, secure biomass solution that helps improve sustainability and delivers a high level of operational efficiency.
“With Veolia, we are confident of having a world-renowned partner able to commit to a results guarantee because of the experience they have acquired with similar projects”