Since its launch in January this year, over £12,000 from Veolia’s Recycling Fund for Communities has been awarded to 17 projects across London which benefit the local environment and community. We want to help even more projects, so we’re relaunching our fund to accept applications up until 28 February 2018.
Here are just a few success stories from the projects funded so far:
- £750 to Tritton Vale Pocket Garden (pictured) in Lambeth to build a rainwater harvesting system from recycled materials and arrange a book exchange to encourage reuse in the local community.
- £1000 to Recycle, Repair and Renew Project in Tower Hamlets organising workshops to upskill the local community, so that they are able to repair and reuse their own clothes.
- £750 to St Raphael’s Edible Garden in Brent to transform a rundown fly-tipping site into a beautiful edible garden with a wildlife pond, revitalising one of the most deprived neighbourhoods in the borough.
- £960 to Dukes Gardens in Haringey. Luke Newcombe, Founder of Dukes Garden said: “As a social enterprise in its early stages; Dukes Gardens had very limited funding but the Veolia grant was instrumental in moving the business onto its next natural phase. This has helped us gain a number of new clients and project manage a range of green spaces, experimenting with materials for upcycling. The grant has enabled us to buy the equipment and tools to continue various projects within Haringey and beyond!”
Rochelle D’Cruz, Communications Manager for Veolia London said: “Veolia is working with councils, businesses and communities all over London to help preserve resources and create a more sustainable future. We have up to £50,000 to support the best projects in London and Watford which inspire people to do the right thing with their waste. It could be promoting recycling at an event, running a swap shop or building a community garden from reclaimed materials; your project could get up to £1,000 from us!”
It’s easy to apply…
- Get inspired and upload your project here.
- Promote your project, attract support from your local community and pitch it to us by 28 February 2018.
- Get funded and see your project come to life.