Nottinghamshire’s Recycling Centres are open from 8am until 8pm throughout September. However as the nights draw in, the Recycling Centres will close earlier, meaning from the 1st October to the 31st October, Recycling Centres will still open at 8am but will close at 6pm.
Nottinghamshire’s Recycling Centres run by Veolia (Nottinghamshire County Council’s waste contractors) are open seven days a week for Nottinghamshire residents to recycle their garden waste, cardboard, glass bottles and jars, as well as a range of other items including electrical and electronic items, furniture, batteries including car batteries, engine oil and used cooking oil.
Richard Allen, Contract Logistics Manager for Veolia Nottinghamshire says: “October is the last month before the shorter winter opening hours so it’s a perfect opportunity to recycle a wide range of materials and prepare your home and garden for autumn.”
From the 1st October to the 31st October, Recycling Centres will close at 6pm instead of 8pm and from the 1st November the sites will close at 4pm as the clocks go back for winter and daylight hours decrease.
Nottinghamshire residents are asked to assist in recycling by sorting out their waste prior to going to the site. Separate containers are provided at all the centres for the many different types of waste and the attendants at each centre are available to offer guidance and assistance to make sure waste goes into the right containers for recycling.
Don’t forget Nottinghamshire residents now need to be registered to use any of the 12 Recycling Centres. Register at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/registertorecycle or by calling 0300 500 80 80.
Recycling Centres are open seven days a week but opening times depend upon the time of year.
• 8am to 4pm – 1st January to 28th (or 29th) February
• 8am to 6pm – 1st March to 31st March
• 8am to 8pm – 1st April to 30th September
• 8am to 6pm – 1st October to 31st October
• 8am to 4pm – 1st November to 31st December
They are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
Recycling Centre Locations
• Beeston Recycling Centre - Lilac Grove, Beeston, NG9 1PF
• Bilsthorpe Recycling Centre - Brailwood Road, Bilsthorpe, NG22 8UA
• Calverton Recycling Centre - Hollinwood Lane, Calverton, NG14 6NR
• Giltbrook Recycling Centre - Gilthill, Giltbrook, NG16 2HR
• Hucknall Recycling Centre - Wigwam Lane, Hucknall, NG15 5SZ
• Kirkby Recycling Centre - Sidings Road, Lowmoor Industrial Estate, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, NG17 7JZ
• Mansfield Recycling Centre - Kestral Park, Kestral Road, Mansfield, NG18 5FT
• Newark Recycling Centre - Brunel Drive, Newark, NG24 2EG
• Retford Recycling Centre - Hallcroft Road, Retford,DN22 7LE
• Warsop Recycling Centre - Oakfield Lane, Warsop, NG20 0JG
• West Bridgford Recycling Centre - Rugby Road, West Bridgford, NG2 7HA
• Worksop Recycling Centre - Shireoaks Road, Worksop, S80 3HA
For more information visit www.veolia.co.uk/nottinghamshire
Notes to the Editor
About Veolia UK
We are committed to protecting the environment and improving the lives of the communities in which we operate and have been awarded a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Sustainable Development and received a Four Star rating in Business in the Community’s Corporate Responsibility Index for 2015.
Veolia group is the global leader in optimized resource management. With over 174 000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides water, waste and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish them.
In 2015, the Veolia group supplied 100 million people with drinking water and 63 million people with wastewater service, produced 63 million Megawatt hours of energy and converted 42.9 million metric tons of waste into new materials and energy. Veolia Environnement (listed on Paris Euronext: VIE) recorded consolidated revenue of €25 billion ($30.3 billion) in 2015. www.veolia.com
Tel: 0203 567 4394 mobile +44 (0) 7880 740 531