At Christmas there are lots of opportunities to recycle in Nottinghamshire as all of our Recycling Centres are open 362 days a year, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
The run up to Christmas is a busy time in a lot of households as people tidy their homes in time for the big day. If you’re having a clear out Veolia (Nottinghamshire County Council’s waste management contractors) would like to remind you that you can take your extra waste and recycling to the Recycling Centres between 8am – 4pm. The County’s 12 Recycling Centres will be open for most of the festive period, but will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
A wide range of household items can be taken for recycling at our centres including garden waste, wood and chipboard, soil and rubble, scrap metal, large and small electrical appliances, fridges and freezers, TVs and monitors, fluorescent tubes, low energy light bulbs, textiles, plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars, food and drinks cans, paper and cardboard as well as used cooking oil, used engine oil and car and household batteries.
Richard Allen, Nottinghamshire Contract Logistics Manager for Veolia said: “With Nottinghamshire’s Recycling Centres being open over the festive period there’s no need for any kerbside recycling to be missed, if your household recycling bin starts to overflow with cardboard, wrapping paper, empty party drinks cans and plastic bottles they can all be taken to your local Recycling Centre. Please ensure that these items are separated in order to maximise your recycling efforts and allow for a swift trip.”
And don’t forget about your real Christmas tree once the festivities are over, all real trees can be taken to the county’s Recycling Centres. Trees taken for recycling are either chipped to make paths in parks and gardens, or shredded for composting, turning waste into a resource.
As a thank you, for every 50 tonnes of real Christmas trees and garden waste taken to the Recycling Centres in January, £100 will be donated to the Royal British Legion, the Chairman of Nottinghamshire County Council’s chosen charity.
For more information on Nottinghamshire’s Recycling Centres, visit www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling or call 0300 5008080
Veolia wishes Nottinghamshire residents a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Recycling Centres are open seven days a week but opening times depend upon the time of year.
• 8am to 4pm – 1st January to 28th (or 29th) February
• 8am to 6pm – 1st March to 31st March
• 8am to 8pm – 1st April to 30th September
• 8am to 6pm – 1st October to 31st October
• 8am to 4pm – 1st November to 31st December
They are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Recycling Centre Locations
• Beeston Recycling Centre - Lilac Grove, Beeston, NG9 1PF
• Bilsthorpe Recycling Centre - Brailwood Road, Bilsthorpe, NG22 8UA
• Calverton Recycling Centre - Hollinwood Lane, Calverton, NG14 6NR
• Giltbrook Recycling Centre - Gilthill, Giltbrook, NG16 2HR
• Hucknall Recycling Centre - Wigwam Lane, Hucknall, NG15 5SZ
• Kirkby Recycling Centre - Sidings Road, Lowmoor Industrial Estate, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, NG17 7JZ
• Mansfield Recycling Centre - Kestral Park, Kestral Road, Mansfield, NG18 5FT
• Newark Recycling Centre - Brunel Drive, Newark, NG24 2EG
• Retford Recycling Centre - Hallcroft Road, Retford,DN22 7LE
• Warsop Recycling Centre - Oakfield Lane, Warsop, NG20 0JG
• West Bridgford Recycling Centre - Rugby Road, West Bridgford, NG2 7HA
• Worksop Recycling Centre - Shireoaks Road, Worksop, S80 3HA