Congratulations to the brilliant ‘Bin Buster’James aged 10 from Retford who was chosen as the winner of our Letter to Father Christmas competition. James is pictured with stars of the Nottingham Playhouse pantomime Cinderella, The Chairman of Nottinghamshire County Council and Lea Hawkes from Veolia.
James letter can be read below:
Tell Father Christmas just how good you’ve been at recycling to be in with a chance to win some special prizes!
Prizes for the best letter include a family ticket to the Nottingham Playhouse pantomime, Cinderella and a special Christmas present from the recycling elves.
Your letter doesn’t have to be long but it must be original.
Tell Father Christmas how you have recycled any or all of the items in Nottinghamshire – cans, paper, cardboard, or plastic bottles, with as much added festive magic as you wish. (The full guide to recyclable items in Nottinghamshire can be found here)
Entries are welcome from children aged 5-11.
Letters need to be received by post or email by the strike of midnight on Monday 11th December.
Send a copy of your letter on the template above to: email@example.com or post to: Veolia, Mansfield MRF, Warren Way, Crown Farm Industrial Park, Forest Town, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 0FL
Please see point 15 in the T&C's below: We would like to photograph the winner and the pantomime stars and Chairman of NCC on Tuesday 19th December at 5pm at the Playhouse with their letter. Please ensure you could be available if your letter is chosen as the winner.
- This competition is open to residents of Nottinghamshire (exculding the city).
- The competition is open to children aged 5 to 11 years old.
- Entries must not include any image which may breach copyright regulations e.g. cartoon characters, brand names etc.
- The letter must be original and not copied or adapted from any source.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to return designs to their owners.
- All entries may be published on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s official social media and websites. Names of entries will only be disclosed with permission.
- By submitting your entry to us you are agreeing to Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council using the content in local and social media.
Terms and Conditions for Children’s letter to Father Christmas competition1. A shortlist of entries will be selected by a panel made up of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council staff. The prize winner will be decided by the Chairman of the Communities and Place Committee from Nottinghamshire County Council.
2. The winners will be selected from all entries received by midnight on the 11th December 2017.
3. One entry only per child.
4. The competition is open to children aged 5 to 11 years old.
5. The competition is open to residents of Nottinghamshire only - Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Newark and Sherwood, Mansfield, Rushcliffe (exlcuding the city)
6. This competition is not open to any person directly involved in running the competition
7. To enter the competition, the child must write or dictate their own letter to Father Christmas / Santa Claus.
8. The letter must include their recycling good deeds.
9. Entries must not include any image which may breach copyright regulations e.g. cartoon characters, brand names etc.
10. Parent or guardians must provide Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council with the details requested on the form.
11. All entrants will recieve copies of Nottinghamshire's recycling information.
12. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
13. All entries may be published on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s social media accounts and websites. Names of entries will only be disclosed with permission.
14. The closing date for the competition is midnight on 11th December 2017 and the winner will be notified as soon as possible after that date.
15. We would like to photograph the winner and the pantomime stars and Chairman of NCC on Tuesday 19th December at 5pm at the Playhouse with their letter. This is for our marketing purposes. By entering this competition, you are providing consent to us using this photograph for this purpose.
16. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council will contact the parent or guardian(s) or guardian(s) using the contact details provided on the entry form once the winner has been chosen and will ask for confirmation of the child’s name and age and area they live. The child’s name, age and area they live will be published alongside their winning entry.
17. The judges decision is final. The winning entry may appear in local press and on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s website.
18. The winner will receive a family ticket to Nottingham Playhouse Theatre. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council cannot take responsibility for Nottingham Playhouse theatre changing the terms and conditions of the voucher. The voucher is valid for 12 months only.
19. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council do not accept any responsibility for late/missing entries.
20. Entrants must supply details as required, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize.
21. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council reserve the right to change or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
22. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council reserves the right to use, edit or adapt the entries submitted.
23. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council.
Prize requirements and restrictions:
24. The winner must be aged 5 to 11 years old on the 11th of December 2017.
25. The winner will not be entitled to any copyright of their submission.
26. No cash alternative is available.
27. The parent or guardian(s) or guardian(s) of the prize winner may be asked to provide proof of identification prior to the prize being awarded.