Find out more about Veolia Nottinghamshire's Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund
Veolia Nottinghamshire run a community fund called the Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund (previously EnviroGrant). This is a fund to which not-for-profit community groups based in the county of Nottinghamshire (excluding the city of Nottingham) can apply for grants of up to £1,000 for projects which help Nottinghamshire to Reduce, Reuse or Recycle waste.
The Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund offers funding to groups, schools and charities who are committed to helping Nottinghamshire to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
If you have an idea or are already running a project that helps to inspire others to be thoughtful about waste, the grant could help you get equipment or resources.
Please read through the leaflet for information on the new grant criteria and ensure that ALL quotes for items requested are uploaded with your application.
Applications without quotes will not be considered.
For your online application you will require uploadable PDF quotes for anything you are requesting funding for.
If you wish to save your application part way through put 'Test' in any of the boxes and at the end a link to edit your application will be emailed to you.
You application must be completed in full before the deadline date.
If you would like a printed copy of the application form please call 0203 567 4391
Who can apply?
Properly constituted, not-for-profit local organisations which includes charities, voluntary and community groups, forums, clubs, societies and schools. Your team, group or society must be based and work within the seven boroughs and districts in the County of Nottinghamshire (excluding the City).
How much money can be applied for?
Grants of up to £1,000 are available per group, per year. Funding is at the discretion of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council. The amount granted may not be for all elements requested and will be paid directly to your organisation by cheque or BACS.
What sort of project will be considered?
Funding can be granted for a variety of projects and activities including workshops, practical equipment, education and awareness raising.
Funding can be sought by projects that encourage people to think about their waste as a resource. This can be anything from swap shop events to repair workshops, community gardens which make use of reused, reclaimed, or recycled materials, to food growing, food waste reduction initiatives and composting schemes. It could be campaigns to promote and increase recycling and reduce contamination at home, school or local events, or creative and innovative ideas which encourage people to recycle - from arts projects to recycling bins. The payment of volunteer’s expenses, staffing costs or travel/transport are not permitted under the fund.
Can I submit on an old application form?
Sorry, no. We will no longer accept applications submitted on the previously run EnviroGrant fund application form.
When will I hear about my application?
A panel will review applications made to the Reduce, Reuse, Recycling Fund and be in touch within 3 weeks after the application deadline.
How is this funded?
Funding is at the discretion of Veolia Nottinghamshire and Nottinghamshire County Council. The amount granted will be paid directly to your organisation by BACS. Please note funding cannot be paid to individuals.
What will be required from our group if we are awarded funding?
A representative from Veolia will visit your group to officially present your award at a mutually suitable time and date. Photographs will be taken at this presentation to be used in future promotion of the fund and / or for publicity purposes You will also be required to complete and return a funding evidence form to ensure the money was spent on the items requested.
Case studies from previously granted projects
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all funding grants. They must be accepted before a funding request can be considered.
1. The application form must be fully completed and all applications must be supported by detailed quotes for any planned work, material purchases and/or detailed breakdowns of other planned expenditure. Without this information applications cannot be considered.
2. Funding cannot be awarded for wages or expenses to staff or organisers who may be involved either directly or indirectly with the project, nor for travel or transport.
3. A panel will review completed applications once a year. Please check the website for the next submission deadline.
4. Acknowledgment of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council and the grant must be made on all promotional material associated with the project. We will provide publicity information for this purpose. Sign-off for use of logos must be sought before distribution.
5. A member of staff from Veolia and/or Nottinghamshire County Council must be allowed to visit the project or see project activities as reasonably requested.
6. Projects must be located within the county of Nottinghamshire areas (Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Mansfield, Newark & Sherwood or Rushcliffe) excluding the City.
7. Projects must request no more than £1,000 funding.
8. To receive funding, groups must be properly constituted and not-for-profit.
9. Please ensure that ALL quotes for items requested are uploaded with your application. Applications without quotes will not be considered. A funding evidence form will need to be submitted with proof the grant has been used for the items requested once your funding has been spent.
10. Photographs and a completed publicity Information form will be required for granted projects. Veolia may use this information to promote projects which have received funding, as well as the fund itself.
11. Funding is at the discretion of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council.
12. The amount granted may not be for all elements requested and will be paid directly to your organisation by cheque or BACS (payment cannot be made to personal accounts).