Recycle in Nottinghamshire this Christmas
Tell Father Christmas just how good you’ve been at recycling to be in with a chance to win some special prizes!
Prizes for the best letters include a family ticket on Wednesday 18th December 7.30pm to the Nottingham Playhouse pantomime, Sleeping Beauty and a special Christmas present (toys) from the recycling elves.
Your letter doesn’t have to be long but it must be original.
Tell Father Christmas how you have recycled any or all of the items in Nottinghamshire – cans, paper, cardboard, or plastic bottles, with as much added festive magic as you wish. (The full guide to recyclable items in Nottinghamshire can be found here)
Entries are welcome from children aged 5-11 years old and they must live in one of the Boroughs or Districts in Nottinghamshire (excluding the City)
Letters need to be received by post or email by midday on Tuesday 10th December 2019.
Send a copy of your letter on the template above to: [email protected] or post to: Veolia, Mansfield MRF, Warren Way, Crown Farm Industrial Park, Forest Town, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 0FL
The adult submitting the entrant’s letter, will be required to approve the entry and agree to these Terms and Conditions (including Veolia's use of the letter submitted) on behalf of the entrant, by way of a check-box on the letter / entry form. The adult may be the child’s parent, guardian or teacher. The adult must provide their own contact and personal details (not the child’s). Teachers submitting stories on behalf of pupils must seek parental consent and if requested by the Veolia, provide evidence of a consent in the event of an enquiry or complaint.
Please see point 16 in the T&C's below: We would like to photograph the winner and the pantomime stars and Chairman of NCC after they see the pantomime on Wednesday 18th December, 9.30pm at the Playhouse with their letter for use in the local media. Having a photograph taken is not a requirement for entering, you may if wished still use your family ticket on Wednesday 18th December and not have a photograph taken. Prior consent will be sought from the parent/guardian of the winner.
This competition is open to residents of Nottinghamshire (excluding the city).
The competition is open to children aged 5 to 11 years old.
Entries must not include any image which may breach copyright regulations e.g. cartoon characters, brand names etc.
The letter must be original and not copied or adapted from any source.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to return designs to their owners.
All entries may be published on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s official social media and websites. Names of entries will only be disclosed with permission.
By submitting your entry to us you are agreeing to Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council using the content in local and social media.
Terms and Conditions for Children’s letter to Father Christmas competition
1. A shortlist of entries will be selected by a panel made up of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council staff. The prize winners will be decided by the Chairman of Nottinghamshire County Council.
2. The winners will be selected from all entries received by Midday on the 10th December 2019.
3. One entry only per child.
4. The competition is open to children aged 5 to 11 years old.
5. The competition is open to residents of Nottinghamshire only - Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Newark and Sherwood, Mansfield, Rushcliffe (excluding the city)
6. This competition is not open to any person directly involved in running the competition
7. To enter the competition, the child must write or dictate their own letter to Father Christmas / Santa Claus.
8. The letter must include their recycling good deeds.
9. Parent or guardians must provide Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council with the details requested on the form.
10. All entrants may receive copies of Nottinghamshire's recycling information.
11. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
12. Entrant contact details will be kept until the competition closes to allow us to contact the 3 winners. No details will be kept after the competition is finished and winners notified.
13. Entries must not include any image which may breach copyright regulations e.g. cartoon characters, brand names etc.
14. All entries may be published on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s social media accounts and websites. Names of entries will only be disclosed with permission.
15. The closing date for the competition is midday 10th of December 2019 and the winner will be notified as soon as possible after that date.
16. We would like to photograph the winner and the pantomime stars and Chairman of NCC on Wednesday 18th December 9.30pm at the Playhouse with their letter for use in the local media. Having a photograph taken is not a requirement for entering, you may if wished still use your family ticket on Wednesday 18th December and not have a photograph taken. Prior consent will be sought from the parent/guardian of the winners.
17. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council will contact the parent or guardian(s) or guardian(s) using the contact details provided on the entry form once the winner has been chosen and will ask for confirmation of the child’s name and age and area they live. The child’s name, age and area they live will be published alongside their winning entry.
18. The judges decision is final. The winning entries may appear in local press and on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s website.
19. The winners will receive a family ticket (2 adults, 2 children) to Nottingham Playhouse pantomime on Wednesday 18th December 7.30pm. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council cannot take responsibility for Nottingham Playhouse changing the terms and conditions of the prize.
20. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council do not accept any responsibility for late/missing entries.
21. Entrants must supply details as required, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize.
22. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council reserve the right to change or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
23. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council reserves the right to use, edit or adapt the entries submitted.
24. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council.
Prize requirements and restrictions:
25. The winners must be aged 5 to 11 years old on the 10th of December 2019.
26. The winners will not be entitled to any copyright of their submission.
27. No cash alternative is available.
28. The parent or guardian(s) or guardian(s) of the prize winners may be asked to provide proof of identification prior to the prizes being awarded.