Be the designer of the new Welcome sign at Mansfield Materials Recovery Facility!
*Please note this competition is now closed to new entries*
We are seeking young designers to create the new welcome sign for the County's Materials Recovery Facility (MRF).
Thousands of guests are welcomed every year to the MRF in Mansfield; schools, community groups, local residents and Councillors visit to find out more about recycling in Nottinghamshire and your design will welcome them all as it will be displayed at the Visitor entrance.
The closing date for entries is Friday 5th of April, and the competition is open to anyone currently in education (primary school, secondary school, or homeschooled) in Nottinghamshire.
The design must fit within the white box of the frame template for the entry to be considered. The template can be downloaded from the link below.
The winning designer will be invited to the sign unveiling along with a tour and prize presentation at the facility.
Entries can be posted to: ‘Welcome sign competition’, Veolia, Warren Way, Crown Farm Industrial Estate, Forest Town, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 0FL or scanned and emailed to: [email protected]
- This competition is open to residents of Nottinghamshire (excluding the city).
- The competition is open to children aged 5 to 16 years old.
- Entries must not include any image which may breach copyright regulations e.g. cartoon characters, brand names etc.
- The design must be original and not copied or adapted from any source.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to return designs to their owners.
- All entries may be published on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s official social media and websites. Names of entries will only be disclosed with permission.
- By submitting your entry to us you are agreeing to Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council using the content in local and social media.
Terms and Conditions for the MRF Welcome Sign Competition
1. A shortlist of entries will be selected by a panel made up of Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council staff.
2. The winners will be selected from all entries received by midnight on the 5th April 2019
3. One entry only per child.
4. The competition is open to children aged 5 to 16 years old.
5. The competition is open to residents of Nottinghamshire only - Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Newark and Sherwood, Mansfield, Rushcliffe (excluding the city)
6. This competition is not open to any person directly involved in running the competition
7. To enter the competition, the child must create their own design for the Welcome Sign.
8. Parent or guardians must provide Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council with the details requested on the form.
9. All entrants may receive copies of Nottinghamshire's recycling information.
10. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
11. Entrant contact details will be kept until the competition closes to allow us to contact the winner. No details will be kept after the competition is finished and the winner notified.
12. Entries must not include any image which may breach copyright regulations e.g. cartoon characters, brand names etc.
13. All entries may be published on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s social media accounts and websites. Names of entries will only be disclosed with permission.
14. The closing date for the competition is midnight on the 5th of April 2019 and the winner will be notified as soon as possible after that date.
15. We would like to photograph the winner with their Welcome Sign Design at the MRF for use in the local media. Having a photograph taken is not a requirement for entering, you may if wished still attend and not have a photograph taken. Prior consent will be sought from the parent/guardian of the winner.
16. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council will contact the parent or guardian(s) or guardian(s) using the contact details provided on the entry form once the winner has been chosen and will ask for confirmation of the child’s name and age and area they live. The child’s name, age and area they live will be published alongside their winning entry.
17. The judges decision is final. The shortlisted entries may appear in local press and on Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council’s website.
18. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council do not accept any responsibility for late/missing entries.
19. Entrants must supply details as required, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prize.
20. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council reserve the right to change or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
21. Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council reserves the right to use, edit or adapt the entries submitted.
22. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Veolia and Nottinghamshire County Council.
23. The winner will not be entitled to any copyright of their submission.
24. No cash alternative for the prize is available.
25. The parent or guardian(s) of the prize winner may be asked to provide proof of identification prior to the prize being awarded.