Making a pledge to recycle is a good idea to do at any time but if you take part this year you’ll also be helping raise funds for My Sight Nottinghamshire, the Nottinghamshire County Council’s chairman’s chosen charity
New Year reduce, reuse, recycling campaign launches in Notts helping to raise funds for Nottinghamshire County Council Chairman's Charity My Sight Nottinghamshire
While spending more time at home we've all appreciated and recognised the benefits we are afforded by having our green spaces, clean water, trees and wildlife around us.
Let's look to the future and save these precious natural resources. We can all play a part in this by reducing our waste, reusing where possible and recycling.
Nottinghamshire residents are encouraged to make a pledge to reduce their waste, reuse wherever possible and recycle correctly and
throughout January we are donating £1 to charity for each pledge made
We will share a range of the pledges on this webpage and across social media. If you would like to share your pledge too, please use the #NottsRecycles
Kick start the new year with a range of eco friendly items -
Enter below for the chance to win
Included in the prize you’ll find:
- Reusable Beeswax Food Wraps
- 100% Organic Cotton Bread Bag Large
- Natural Coconut Bowls + Reusable Bag
- Reusable Produce Bags
- Water Soluble Plastic Free Cleaning Sachets
- Reusable Bamboo Cotton Cleaning Cloths
- Pack of Natural Loofah Sponges
All of the products featured in this prize are 100% plastic-free, organic and eco-friendly!
*One prize available, competition open to residents in one of the 7 Boroughs / Districts in Nottinghamshire (excluding the city). Prize will be delivered at the start of February.
By making a pledge you will help to raise money for the chosen charity of Councillor Stuart WallaceNottinghamshire County Council Chairman
My Sight Nottinghamshire (formerly NRSB) are the only charity dedicated exclusively to improving the lives of people living with sight loss in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. They provide emotional support, practical advice, information and a broad range of adapted leisure opportunities to thousands of local blind and partially sighted people and their families.
Some of the fantastic pledges made so far...
Kevin from Mansfield pledges that:
“I am teaching my two young children to recycle as much as they can and get them more interested in the environment. We will change all of our pet food from pouches to tins that can be recycled.”
Muriel from Gedling pledges to:
"To ensure that all 'dead' batteries are deposited in the appropriate bins in shops"
Jo from Newark & Sherwood pledges:
"To continue to ensure that all aerosols used in my home are put into the recycling bin and not the general waste bin"
Pam from Rushcliffe pledges to:
"Ensure wrapping paper bought this year is recyclable."
Gwyn from Broxtowe pledges:
"To make more use of old containers from the kitchen in the garden- for seeds and cuttings"
Keith in Mansfield pledges:
"To tell folk that ONLY LISTED ITEMS can be recycled, especially plastic ones even though we think they ought to be recyclable! And also to say that ALL bottle tops need to be removed wherever possible. We've been making mistakes on both those issues."
Pledge Terms and Conditions
- Pledges from Nottinghamshire residents only will be counted
- 1 Pledge per person will be counted, but please do pledge to do as much as possible to reudce, reuse and recycle this year
- Pledge total will be updated regularly, please note the total is not a live count
200 Water bottles giveaway Terms and Conditions
- 200 Recycle for Nottinghamshire water bottles are available for free
- Water bottles are available to Nottinghamshire residents only (excluding the city)
- The first 200 pledges where the full address have been given will recieve a water bottle
- Water bottles will be posted out along with recycling information in January and February
- One water bottle per person. Please include a note in your pledge if you would prefer to not receive one.
- All 200 free waterbottles were allocated by the 8th of January 2021 to those who opted in to receive them.
Eco hamper Terms and Conditions
- There is 1 prize available.
- The free prize draw to Nottinghamshire residents only (excluding the city)
- The winner will be picked by a random number generator at the start of February
- All pledges made in January where the pledger has entered their contact details for the prize draw will be entered into the competition
- There is no cash alternative for this prize
- The prize will be delivered to the winner's address in February 2021