Plant trees with us
In 2020 we would like to have a tree planted on behalf of each member of staff that works on our contract in Nottinghamshire.
Our friends over at the Woodland Trust have a fantastic project at Mead near Shipley Country Park called the Young People's Forest, and we are seeking an enthusiastic secondary school class who would like to help us achieve the goal of planting at least 300 trees, one for each student taking part and one for each member of Veolia Nottinghamshire staff.
Transport will be reimbursed.
As a thank you we would like to offer the school an eco gift, this could be reusable cups or water bottles for all the pupils, funding for a composting and growing area at school, wellington boots / waterproofs and a home gardening kit for all taking part in the planting so they can continue their horticultural adventure, or support for a reduce, reuse, repurpose or recycling project of your choice.
A variety of dates available to choose from until the end of March., please ensure you could attend one of these dates.
The trees and spades are provided by the Woodland Trust and are ready to use on site.
If your class or eco group (of up to 35) would like to apply please apply via the link below by the 24th January 2020. Contact details of the chosen school would be shared with the team at the Woodland Trust Young People's Forest.
Terms and Conditions for the 'Plant Trees with us' competition
1. The competition is open to classes and eco groups from secondary schools/ academies in the 7 Boroughs and Districts of Nottinghamshire (Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Newark and Sherwood, Mansfield, Rushcliffe.)
2. Entries and the winning class / group will be selected by a panel from Veolia Nottinghamshire.
3. The winning class / group will be selected from all entries received no later than the 24th January 2020.
3. Veolia will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without your permission.
4. Entrant contact details will be kept until the competition closes to allow us to contact the winner. No details will be kept after the competition is finished and winner notified.
5. We would like to photograph the winning class / group while they are planting for use in the local media and on our social media channels. Prior consent will be sought from the parent/guardians of the winning class / group.
6. The judges decision is final. The winning class / group may appear in local press and on the Veolia website.
7. The winning class / group will receive an eco prize as submitted on their application.
8. Veolia do not accept any responsibility for late/missing entries.
9. Entrants must supply details as required, and comply with all rules to be eligible.
10. Veolia reserve the right to change or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
11. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Veolia.