How to make the most of left-over turkey or chicken
These individual tarts are a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. They are very easy to prepare but look impressive! If you don’t have any goat’s cheese you can use a soft cheese of your choice.
Recipe and further information available from the Love Food Hate Waste website
SERVES: 4 as a starter or light meal
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOKING TIME: 15 mins
- 350g pack light puff pastry sheet
- 100g pack soft goats’ cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 100g (4 oz) leftover roast turkey, cut into 1cm dice
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tsp redcurrant jelly
- Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 4 squares.
- Place a slice of goat’s cheese in the centre of each pastry square and top with a quarter of the turkey and tomatoes. Place a tsp of redcurrant jelly on top of each and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve with salad garnish.