Find out how to make the most of your turkey and sprout leftovers
This dish is a delicious way to use up two festive favourites – turkey and brussel sprouts! You can also add in any left over parsnips or carrots, as well as cabbage.
Recipe and further information available from the Love Food Hate Waste website
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500g (1 lb) leftover roast potatoes, chopped
- 300g (11 oz) leftover cooked sprouts, chopped
- 250g (9 oz) leftover roast turkey, chopped
- 4 medium eggs, poached
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes until browned. Mash the potatoes roughly in a large bowl.
- Mix onions into the potato with the sprouts and turkey, season to taste and mix well with a spoon.
- Heat the remaining oil and press the hash into the frying pan and fry 3-4 minutes. Turn the hash over, (don’t worry if it breaks up) and fry for a further 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Serve topped with a poached egg.