At the bottom of this page you will find a link to report the missed collection of your waste and recycling bins. But there may be a reason why crews have not been able to empty your bin, so please take a minute to answer the questions below before you send your report.
- Have I checked my collection day? – You can check your collection day here
- Is there a tag on the handle of my bin? – We are not able to empty a bin if it is too heavy, the bin lid is not closed, or if your recycling container has incorrect materials inside. If your bin or box has a tag, please follow the instructions provided to ensure collection on your next scheduled collection date.
- Did I put my bin/box out for collection before 7.00a.m.? – Our crews start at 7.00am and may change the order of their round depending upon traffic and roadworks etc, so don’t assume that they will always arrive at the same time.
- What time is it now? – Our crews work until 4.00p.m., so please wait until after that to report your missed collection as a vehicle may be on its way.
- Were cars parked inconsiderately blocking the road to large vehicles? – Occasionally our crews have difficulty accessing narrow streets due to inconsiderately parked cars. If this happens, crews will return later in the day to try again, but if they still can’t access your street they will return the following working day.
- Did I remember to unlock my gate and keep my dog indoors? – If you receive an assisted collection, please make sure your gate is unlocked and your dog is kept indoors.
- Has there been an issue affecting collections? – Sometimes collections are disrupted due to bad weather such as snow and ice, or road closures. Please check our ‘Service Alert’ page to find out if there is an issue where you live.
If none of the information above helps to explain why your container hasn’t been emptied then please click here to report your missed collection. You can also phone our Call Centre on 0114 2734567, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Every day our crews empty around 75,000 waste containers and sometimes we make mistakes – if the mistake was ours we will return by the end of the next working day to put it right, and we’d like to thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please note, for green bins we will return within 2 working days.