We understand the importance of your bin collections, even more so when the Coronavirus means that public health is a most critical concern. To ensure that we provide the best possible service to residents of Sheffield, we will always prioritise black bin and clinical waste collections.
Please click on the link button below to keep updated with our Service Alerts.
Please continue to use your recycling and waste collection services as normal, with the following important exception:
Households that are self isolating should follow the UK Government's 'Stay at home' advice which states:
- Store personal waste such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths securely within disposable rubbish bags.
- Place these bags into another bag, tied securely and keep separate from other waste.
- These bags should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual black bin
- Please do not take this waste to your local Household Waste and Recycling Centre
- Please dispose of your other household waste as normal. It is more important than ever to ensure that recycling is clean and dry, and that rubbish bags are all securely tied to help prevent spills and protect our collection teams and the public.