So, ‘hop to it’ with our top tips:
• Choose Easter eggs and treats with as little packaging as possible. You can now buy eggs that come without all the egg-cessive cardboard and plastic packaging.
• Reuse your Easter waste! How about using the cardboard and foil from your eggs to make home made cards and decorations.
• Make sure you recycle as much as possible over Easter. Treat your blue bin and box by feeding them your glass bottles and jars, tins and cans, plastic bottles, paper and cardboard. Don’t forget to include all your Easter cards and boxes!
• Recycle the foil and plastic packaging from your Easter eggs at your Local Recycling Site. You can also take with you any textiles, plastic containers and eggstra glass, cans, plastic bottles, paper or card if your blue bin or box is full.
• Don’t forget to treat your home compost bin to any Easter celebration food remains such as vegetable peelings. You could even compost small amounts of wripped up Easter egg boxes.
Waste Awareness Officer, Kate Townrow comments: “Residents can all do their bit to have an eggstra waste wise Easter by choosing eggs with as little packaging as possible and making sure they recycle as much as they can using the wide range of recycling services we provide.”
The Easter holidays are also a great opportunity to have a spring clean and start tidying up the garden. A wide range of bulky household waste items can be recycled at one of the five Household Waste Recycling Centres including electrical goods, furniture, fridges, soil and rubble.
Garden waste can be recycled by signing up to the chargeable Garden Waste Recycling Service. Once signed up residents will receive a green bin followed by garden waste collections from your home every two weeks until November 2014.
Residents are reminded that recycling and waste collections will operate as normal over the Easter Bank holidays and the five Household Waste Recycling Centres will also be open as normal 10am-6pm. The call centre closes at 4pm on Bank holidays.
For more information on how to have a waste wise Easter or any of our waste and recycling services in Sheffield, please visit: www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield or call: 0114 273 4567. If you are a Twitter user and wish to follow us then you can find the ‘Recycle4Sheffield’ profile page at: www.twitter.com/recycle4shef
off. : 0203 567 3663
off. : 0203 567 3720
Visit us at www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Recycle4Shef