Summer opening hours will be in place from 1 April 2016 at the county’s Household Waste Recycling Sites, managed by Veolia in partnership with East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council.
The summer hours at the Household Waste Recycling Sites are as follows:
- Hastings, Maresfield, Mountfield and Newhaven: Monday – Sunday: 8am - 5pm
- Heathfield: Monday to Saturday: 8am to 5pm and 9am to 6pm on Sundays
- Lewes: Monday to Sunday: 9am to 6pm
- Hailsham: Monday to Friday: 8am until 5pm and the weekend opening hours will be 9am until 1pm
- Forest Row: Monday to Thursday: Closed, Friday & Saturday: 8am to 5pm and Sunday: 9am to 6pm
- Seaford and Wadhurst: Monday to Thursday: Closed, Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 8am to 5pm
- Brighton, Crowborough, Eastbourne and Hove recycling sites will remain the same
Martin Benson, recycling sites manager for Veolia South Downs explains:
“We want to provide the best possible service to all our customers and changing to summer opening times will maximise opportunities for people to use the sites. Generally the Household Waste Recycling Sites are less busy in the middle of the week rather than at weekends so residents may prefer to visit on these quieter days”.
Summer opening times are being implemented to allow residents to make more use of the sites during the longer daylight hours. Veolia aims to be as consistent as possible and operate the same hours at each of our sites, we would urge people to visit our website at www.veolia.co.uk/southdowns/recycling-sites or call 01273 511324 to see what summer hours their local site will be operating.