Veolia in Southend
Veolia has been awarded a fifteen and a half year contract by Southend-on-Sea Borough Council. We are committed to delivering a first-class service to residents and businesses and providing the best possible value for council tax-payers’ money. We will do this by improving recycling rates whilst maintaining weekly collections. Southend's attractive street scene will be maintained across the Borough through removing graffiti and weeds, cleaning public toilets, clearing gullies, and in the winter gritting public highways.
Veolia in the United Kingdom
The UK leader in environmental solutions, Veolia provides a comprehensive range of waste, water and energy management services designed to build the circular economy and preserve scarce raw materials.
We're innovators committed to focusing on carbon reduction by preventing pollution, preserving natural resources, protecting biodiversity, combating climate change and raising environmental awareness.
Our new strategy is focused on manufacturing green products and energy, helping our customers and suppliers reduce their carbon impact by investing more than £1 billion on new infrastructure between 2012 and 2018.
From transforming sludge into plastic, recovering palladium from street sweepings and future-gazing with our 'Imagine 2050' report we are turning the once 'traditional' waste, water and energy management industry on its head.
- We employ 14,000 people in the UK
- Our 2013 revenues are above £1.7 billion
- Over 20% of our business is within the circular economy and by 2019 it will be 40%
- Our female graduate applications (38%) are well above the industry average
- We clean waste water for over a third of the Scottish population
- Over half our energy business is focused on helping hospitals improve energy use
- We process over a million tonnes of recyclates a year
- Over 350,000 UK homes are powered by our renewable energy
- We install 100,000 water meters in and around Greater London every year.
- We provide heat and power for 200,000 students on 60 education campuses
Veolia is one of the world's leading providers of waste management and cleaning services.
Our activities include the collection, treatment and recycling of solid, liquid and hazardous waste in the municipal, industrial, marine and commercial markets. We serve more than 87 million people worldwide across 33 countries.
As part of our integrated approach to waste, we operate a number of technologically advanced solutions that are able to convert waste into a valuable energy resource that would otherwise result in the use of fossil fuels.
- 2011 sales: €9.7 billion.
- 807,000 industrial and tertiary sector customers.
- 87 million people served.
- 36.1 million of waste collected.
- 59.9 million of waste treated.
- 331,000 employees.
- Active in 77 countries.