Are you a champion in your community?
As a Community Champion you can help to improve your community, identify anti-social behaviour, littering, fly-tipping and other issues, interface with the local community and report back to the Customer Liaison Group.
What does being a Community Champion involve?
As a Community Champion, you will act as the link between your community and Veolia.
You will identify issues with the services provided by Veolia, feedback to Veolia what currently works well and what may be a barrier to recycling/street cleanliness and what improvements can be made in order to improve the service residents receive.
Community Champions will be a contact point for residents which enables Veolia to capture the views of a broad spectrum of residents throughout the Borough who we directly serve.
What will I get?
- Training on how you could hold events and information and materials to support your activities
- The ability to contact the Recycling Team to get advice and discuss issues that have arisen within your community
- A high-visibility jacket
- A quarterly newsletter with ideas and news
- Social events where you can meet other Champions
- Visits to recycling facilities to learn more about recycling
- Valuable knowledge and skills
To ensure we are able to implement the Government's advice regarding social distancing we are unable to accept any new volunteers at the time. We will review this regularly in line with Government advice and hope to resume these activities as soon as this public health issue has passed. Thank you for your understanding and support during these unprecedented times