Managing household waste
Our Integrated Waste Management Facility (IWMF) for Padworth Sidings is designed to significantly improve recycling and composting rates in West Berkshire, improve management of waste and meet the statutory targets that have been set. The IWMF incorporates a number of individual elements that work together to contribute to the successful and sustainable management of household waste. The facility contains the following:
- In-vessel composting facility for the recycling of garden and food waste into a useful product
- Materials recycling facility for processing recyclable waste collected from the kerbside
- Municipal depot and vehicle maintenance facility, to manage and maintain the fleet of vehicles required to operate the wide range of services provided
- Mini household waste recycling centre, to provide a facility which will offer a wider range of recycling options than those at the kerbside
- Visitor centre and administration block, to allow people to see the technology and processes used to responsibly manage our waste
Through this area of the site you will be able to find up-to-date information on the IWMF and we can listen to and engage with anyone interested in the facility. Why not also look at our Community Liaison page?
Veolia has a proven track record for developing and operating this type of facility, and we are committed to ensuring that the IWMF is operated to the highest possible environmental standards, while also taking steps to reduce any impacts as far as practicable.