You can take all kinds of waste to local recycling sites
Local recycling sites are located in convenient places across the city, and they are a great way to dispose of materials you can’t recycle at home, including plastic pots, tubs and trays, clean aluminium foil and textiles.
Check our site finder to see what materials are accepted at each site and find the most convenient location for you.
Use recycling sites correctly:
- Put the correct recycling into the correct bins. Please take any waste not accepted at your local recycling site home with you or dispose of it at your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre.
- Do not leave any waste or recycling on the floor. This is fly-tipping and you may receive a £400 fine.
- Please flatten cardboard boxes before putting them into a container.
- Any bags or containers used to transport your recycling should be taken back home with you.
- Local recycling sites are for household waste only. Please do not use these sites for business waste - you may be fined.
Next time you go to the supermarket why not 'shop and drop' and take something with you to be recycled. It might add 5 minutes to your shopping trip but over time it will stop tonnes of waste going to landfill.