The London population consumes more plastic bottled water than anywhere else in England, however the capital has the worst recycling rate in the UK at 32%, compared with a national average of 43%.
To help combat Plastic waste, we're asking London residents to support the #PlasticsPledge campaign to reduce plastic use by
- Use reusable containers for food
- Carry a reusable mug for hot drinks and save money in many outlets which will fill up your cup
- Refill bottles with tap water
- Buy fruit and veg loose to avoid unnecessary plastic packaging waste
- Take a reusable bag to the shop