Partnering with Staffordshire County Council to help people make Staffordshire Sustainable
The EnviroGrant Scheme has been set up by Veolia in partnership with Staffordshire County Council to support Staffordshire's communities to reduce waste and to be more sustainable, with grants of up to £750.
Who can apply?
The funding is open to properly constituted, not-for-profit local organisations, including charities, societies, voluntary and community groups and schools.
What type of projects can be applied for?
Funding is available for projects which:
- reduce waste disposal
- increase recycling
- increase re-use
Examples of the sorts of projects which would be eligible for funding:
- Community food gardens
- Surplus food use e.g. community larders and fridges
- Repair cafes
- Clothes swaps
- Library of things
- Waste Education and Workshops
- Reducing our carbon impact
- Resilience to severe weather events (eg heatwaves, drought, heavy rain events)
- Creation and management of local green spaces
How much can be applied for?
Funding of up to £750 can be applied for. This can be towards a small project or to deliver an element of a larger project.
Does the funding have to be matched?
No, you can apply for up to 100% of project costs.
What is not eligible?
You should not apply for
- Ongoing operational costs
- Maintenance costs
- Commercial initiatives
What are the timescales?
Applications for grants will be open throughout January - February 2022.
Funding will be awarded within two months of the application deadline. All projects must be completed within 12 months of the grant offer.
How do I apply?
The Staffordshire EnviroGrant application form must be fully completed. The form can either be completed online or printed off.
Will there be any publicity of successful projects?
Successful projects may be used by Staffordshire County Council or Veolia to produce case studies for promotional purposes.
How do you assess the applications?
All applications will be assessed against a standard set of criteria. Applications that clearly demonstrate how the project contributes to reducing waste will score more favourably.
Completed applications need to be sent to:
Staffordshire Energy Recovery Facility
Only one application is permitted by each group or society.
It is recommended that only small projects are applied for. Where a wider initiative is being delivered, we recommend a small element with specific outcomes is applied for.
Terms and Conditions
- Projects must be located within Staffordshire (excluding Stoke-on-Trent).
- Projects can apply for funding up to a maximum of £750.
- Funding is only available for properly constituted, not for profit local organisations, including charities, societies, voluntary and community groups and schools. The funding is not open to Local Government Authorities
- All funds must be spent within 12 months from the grant offer.
- Only one application can be submitted per group or society per funding round.
- Any conflicts of interest must be identified on the application form.
- To receive funding, groups must be properly constituted and not-for-profit.
- Funding will only be awarded for new projects and not retrospectively.
- Research projects, ongoing operational costs and maintenance costs are not eligible.
- If your project is successful and you make material changes to the project this must be approved by the Staffordshire County Council and Veolia. Any part of the grant that is not required for the purpose approved will be refunded to Veolia.
- Acknowledgement of Staffordshire County Council and Veolia and the funding award must be made on all promotional material associated with the project. We will provide logos electronically for this purpose.
- A member of staff from Staffordshire County Council and Veolia must be allowed to visit the project or to see project activities as reasonably requested.
- By accepting a grant, you agree to submitting a summary of the project on completion with photographs. Staffordshire County Council and Veolia reserve the right to produce a case study of the project for publication.
Confidentiality and data protection
- We reserve the right to make public the name of your organisation and the broad nature of our offer, but we don't disclose personal detail.
- We will use the information you give us during the application process and during the lifetime of any funding for administration, analysis and research purposes.