How to make the most of your turkey leftovers
Make the most of leftovers from a Christmas meal by combining cooked turkey, cranberry sauce and stuffing in these festive pasties. They can also be frozen before cooking so any you don’t need won’t be wasted.
Recipe and further information available from the Love Food Hate Waste website
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOKING TIME: 20-25 minutes
- 500g pack shortcrust pastry
- 200g (7 oz) leftover roast turkey, diced
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 6 leftover stuffing balls, roughly chopped (140g)
- 50g low fat soft cheese
- 75g (3 oz) frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry and cut 6 x 17cm (7’’) circles.
- Mix together the turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, soft cheese and peas and divide between the pastry circles. Brush the pastry edges with egg. Bring the edges up and press to seal well to form a pasty shape.
- Place the pasties on a baking tray, sealed edges facing up and brush with the egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.