Why not help make Southend a better place for all?
Recycling Champions work within your local community to promote recycling schemes, raise awareness about the importance of recycling and provide advice to residents about how easy recycling really is in Southend-on-Sea.
There are many things that you could do to help get local people recycling such as:
- Help signpost services to others and spread the recycling word
- Help your neighbours to understand ‘what goes where’ in their recycling schemes and provide them with recycling sacks or food waste liners when they have run out
- Hold events at community halls or schools and attend community events with our team
- Help Veolia to monitor how well people are recycling in your road/street
- Attend Veolia’s Customer Liaison Group to feedback ideas from your community and learn more about the environmental services offered by Veolia in Southend
- Publicise new recycling initiatives that are launched by Veolia by displaying posters or distributing printed recycling information
What will I get
- Training about the importance of recycling, the local recycling services offered and what materials go where
- Training on how you could hold events and information and materials to support your activities
- The ability to contact the Recycling Team to discuss recycling and to get advice
- A Recycling Champion jacket, gloves and sticker
- A quarterly newsletter with ideas and news
- Social events where you can meet other Recycling Champions
- A chance to help build a sustainable Southend-on-Sea
- Visits to recycling facilities to learn more about recycling
- Valuable knowledge and skills
To ensure we are able to implement the Government's advice regarding social distancing we are unable to accept any new volunteers at the time. We will review this regularly in line with Government advice and hope to resume these activities as soon as this public health issue has passed. Thank you for your understanding and support during these unprecedented times.