Veolia's Sustainability Fund;
transforming local communities and environments.
Applications for the Sustainability Fund 2024 will open on International Day for Biological Diversity, otherwise known as 22nd May!
If you have a project idea that will help transform your local community or environment, come back later as we'd love to hear from you!
Since we launched the Sustainability Fund in 2021, we've supported over 260 projects with over £200,000 in funding.
There are so many inspiring projects we're proud to have supported so we've picked out just a few from last year to share with you:
- Hammersmith & Fulham’s Nourish Hub - Scrap and Pickle Course is run by a community kitchen. Funding will help them run a cookery course that teaches people how to pickle, ferment and preserve foods to learn creative ways to love your leftovers and end food waste.
- Hampshire’s Chineham Repair Cafe will help local residents to truly Reduce, Reuse, Repair and Recycle. Volunteers run these Repair Cafes, amongst many others across the country receiving funding this year, saving valuable items and materials from the bin and teaching residents useful skills.
- Brunswick Playground In Southwark is going from grey to green with a dedicated group of parents and volunteers who will use the funding to build green walls around We want to create the perimeter of the school playground, encouraging biodiversity, offering shade and catching air pollution.
- West Northamptonshire’s East Hunsbury Litter Pickers noticed that more and more young people are showing a keen interest in helping to keep their local environments clean. To encourage and support this enthusiasm, the Sustainability Fund will help them build a library of litter picking equipment.
- Haringey’s Great Big Green Week is one of the biggest annual events the Sustainability Fund supports each year. Amongst the many projects hosted by inspiring local volunteers was this year’s PLASTIQUE by Siân workshops where visitors to the festival were invited to transform everyday waste into creative works of art.
What is the Sustainability Fund?
The Sustainability Fund will provide cash sponsorship, in-kind resources or staff volunteers to support not-for-profit organisations and community groups to transform their local community or environment.
A successful project will provide evidence of one or more of the following:
- Enhancing biodiversity
- Promoting sustainable waste behaviours (reduce, reuse and/or recycle)
- Protecting or preserving resources and the environment
- Its use of recycled, reused or reclaimed materials
Veolia’s team looks favourably on projects that have considered the long-term or ongoing benefits for the community and will consider all projects based on merit.
Larger projects that require more funding are sometimes considered.
Who is it for?
Any not-for-profit organisation, community group or individuals can apply to the Sustainability Fund.
How to apply?
Got a fantastic idea to improve your local community or transform your local environment? If you tick our criteria, we’d love to hear from you!
Where is it available?
We consider applications from projects where we work with the Local Authority.
To find out if we work in your area, check this list:
Brighton & Hove
City of London (Postcodes starting in EC1, EC2, EC3 and EC4 only)
Folkestone & Hythe
Hammersmith & Fulham
Applications for 2024 will open on May 22nd to celebrate International Day for Biological Diversity.
APPLY VIA SPACEHIVE
If you want to unlock more funds from Veolia and members of your community for a bigger project, upload your plans to the crowdfunding platform, Spacehive and pitch to the Fund!