We have to completely rethink our relationship with resources. We have to reinvent a more balanced and sustainable environment if we are going to protect and preserve the planet's scarce raw materials and keep them in use for as long as possible.
Optimistic, determined and collaborative - that's what it means to be a Resourcer. As one of the team, you’ll see the world as it should be, not as it is. Thanks to your contribution, more people will see waste as a valuable resource, wastewater as a new source of water and wasted energy as a source of heat.
If you share our passion for protecting the environment, you'll have every opportunity to enjoy a rich and rewarding career with us. As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive a great benefits package, including childcare vouchers, an optional pension scheme, and staff discounts on everything from groceries to a gym membership. You can also expect all kinds of high-quality learning opportunities. Everything you need to make the very most of your potential.
Discover more about our training, benefits and our commitment to sustainability.
Learning and Development
Everyone at Veolia is offered the opportunity to reach their full potential through our training and development programmes.
In fact, we even have our own dedicated training centre – Campus Veolia. Each year, we spend over £5 million on training and learning programmes including classroom learning, work-based training and on-the-job experience.
We prefer a blended approach to learning that uses a mixture of techniques. From on-site visits to dedicated classroom environments, role play, written assignments and on-line learning. You can work towards gaining a range of recognised qualifications including:
- National Vocational Qualifications from Level 1 in Waste Management to Level 4 in the Certificate of Technical Competence;
- Apprenticeships - an ambitious programme for 300 apprentices that provides an opportunity to learn on the job and qualify for a variety of roles;
- Supported learning, both financially and with study time, to gain qualifications with an external provider including degrees, MBAs and chartered status.
This forms part of a great package of benefits to make your career at Veolia truly rewarding!
When you work for Veolia in the UK, you can look forward to receiving a great package of benefits to enhance your salary or hourly pay. This includes up to 25 days paid holidays every year, plus bank holidays too.
We also offer the following benefits:
- An optional pension scheme that both you and Veolia can pay contributions into
- Childcare vouchers taken as part of your salary to save on tax and National Insurance
- The MyChoices employee discount scheme; for savings on a range of products and services from travel, grocery to insurance and financial products.
- A Cycle2Work scheme that could save you tax and National Insurance when you buy a new bike to cycle all (or part of) the way to work
- Our Employee Assistance Programme for helpful, confidential support 24/7 for personal or work problems
- Some of our roles qualify for bonuses that are linked to our company performance
Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do. We care about people and the planet and encourage all our staff to respect the environment and the local communities that we work in. So we can create a brighter future for everyone.
Being a good neighbour is only part of the story. We also get together with local community groups and schools to provide education sessions and a variety of environmental initiatives to encourage recycling, recovery and reuse.
Our aim is to recruit locally wherever possible, and we advertise roles at local jobcentres around the UK in partnership with the Department of Pensions and Work.
We work with prisons to deliver training, support and qualifications to offenders on their journey to rehabilitation.
We also sponsor many local schemes and make donations to local charities. One of our most popular initiatives is our employee volunteering scheme. It gives every member of staff the opportunity to devote half a day of their working time every year giving something back to their local community – without losing a penny of their pay.
Our efforts in this area don’t go unnoticed – Veolia has been recognised as a leader in environmental and social responsibility by winning the Responsible Business of the Year Award 2016, Business in the Community’s flagship award.
Our community activities also extend across the globe: Veolia Force is a network of emergency employee volunteers which can be mobilised to attend natural disaster areas and provide practical assistance.