Our Sort it. Bring it. Save it! campaign focuses on helping you to recycle the right things in the right way.
Download the leaflet below to see if you can recycle one more thing at home, or at Birmingham's Household Recycling Centres.
Did you know you can recycle your old batteries across our household recycling centres?
We also recycle old car batteries!
Having a party? Don't forget, empty cans and bottles can be recycled at our household recycling centres
Did you know if you flat pack and fold large cardboard packaging to the size of the bin and tie it up with string it will be collected with your recycling?
Did you know we recycle Tetra Paks and disposable coffee cups?
Save the cartons and disposable coffee cups and bring them to your local household recycling centre on your next visit
Don't forget, disposable tableware and cutlery cannot be recycled if they are soiled
This includes pizza boxes
Veolia, in partnership with Birmingham City Council, are helping you to recycle more of the right things, in the right way. Have you ever wondered:
- Which items in your everyday waste can be recycled and turned into something new?
- Why it's so important to separate your waste?
- Which unusual items from around your home can be recycled at Birmingham's 5 Household Recycling Centres?
- What happens to your recycling when it arrives to be sorted at our Materials Recovery Facility?
- How to make the most of your visit to your local Household Recycling Centre?
- How you can recycle more at home?
Download the leaflet below, which answers many of these questions, and might help you to recycle a few more items at home, and make your visit to your local Household recycling Centre more efficient!
You might be surprised by the journey of waste!