This current round of funding applications is now closed
Support your group with funding up to £1,000
- Does your group or society make a positive difference to your environment and/or community within Shetland?
- Does your group or society make the Shetland community and environment a better place to live and visit?
- Would your group or society benefit from financial support in order to continue the good work you do in the local community?
If you answer “Yes” to these questions then Veolia and Peterson might be able to help with our Make a Difference funding.
What is the Make a Difference funding
Veolia and Peterson are working together to boost the local economy by establishing Lerwick as a North Sea decommissioning centre of excellence. Our work to date has led to 35 jobs being created, and positively the new Dales Voe decommissioning facility is targeting a recycling rate of over 98%. To continue to support the people of Shetland, Veolia and Peterson have jointly created the Make a Difference Fund to support local projects that make a difference in the areas.
Who can apply?
The funding is for properly constituted, not-for-profit local organisations and includes charities, voluntary and community groups, forums, sports teams, societies and schools. Your team, group or society must be based and work within Shetland.
Who can get funding?
Funding can be granted for a variety of projects and activities including promotion and marketing, education and awareness raising, practical equipment and running costs.
How much money can we apply for?
The fund is aimed at projects requiring a maximum of £1,000 for the whole project. Funding is at the discretion of Veolia and Peterson. The amount granted will be paid directly to your organisation by cheque.
How can we apply for funding?
The Make a Difference application form must be fully completed online. All applications must be supported by detailed breakdowns of planned expenditure. We will contact you to request copies of the quotes if your application is successful.
When is the money granted?
Successful applicants will be informed within 30 days of submitting their application.
Will my group be involved in publicity?
We would like to promote projects which have been funded. If your application is successful, we will be in touch to see if you are happy with this publicity.
Terms and conditions
The full terms and conditions can be download here. To apply to the funding they must be accepted before a cheque is awarded.
Eligibility for Grant in Summary
- You agree to comply with the full terms and conditions as outlined here.
- In order to benefit from the grant, you must be not-for-profit and appropriately constituted.
- The grant shall be provided to you upon project(s) being evaluated against its benefit to the local environment and community and shall be used only for the delivery of the projects and in accordance with the full terms and conditions.
- The project must commence within 6 months from the grant date.
- We would like to promote projects which have been funded. If your application is successful, we will be in touch to see if you are happy with this publicity.
- You shall not publish any material referring to Veolia or Peterson without their prior written agreement.