Solutions for every decommissioning strategy
Oil and gas structures in the North Sea are reaching the end of their operational life and require safe removal. To meet this new environmental and technical challenge, Veolia has developed a comprehensive onshore service to dismantle these structures, with a strong focus on health and safety.
How we can help
We have a wealth of engineering expertise in providing environmental decommissioning solutions, including the decontamination and deconstruction of structures, waste management and environmental services. As the disposal contractor, we’re able to offer a solution for every decommissioning strategy, whether it be Piece Small, Reverse Installation or Single Lift.
We have a series of strategically-placed facilities to cover all of the UK and Norwegian North Sea assets. Our Greenhead facility at Lerwick Harbour, in Scotland, has an unrivalled track record in reverse installation, barge offloading and subsea equipment, servicing the central and northern North Sea. Our newly developed deep-water Dales Voe decommissioning facility can accommodate the biggest heavy lift vessels and rigs, as well as having the flexibility to handle smaller operations.
How do we create value for you?
Veolia customers benefit from full service decommissioning including decontamination, deconstruction, waste management and environmental services together with associated logistics. Using in-house capabilities, Veolia process over 98% of infrastructure by reuse, resale and/or energy efficient recycling techniques.
- Main Contractor for the onshore decommissioning and recycling of the gas platforms from the Indefatigable field in the Southern North Sea.
- All structures transported to Veolia’s licensed decommissioning facility at Wallsend for onshore disposal and recycling
- 16 barge ‘load-in’ operations managed
- Veolia waste management strategy provided the best available environmental option to achieve the maximum recycling rate
- 98.8 % recycling & reuse rate
- Veolia successfully managed the entire onshore decommissioning process including inspection, decontamination, deconstruction, storage and load-out of materials.
- The structure was transferred onshore to a purpose-built facility at Lerwick, Shetland as a single piece.
- Structure weight ~ 8730 tonnes
- All works completed on schedule and without incidents or environmental impacts
- 98.9% recycling rate
Strategically-placed facilities to cover all of the UK and Norwegian North Sea assets
Strong focus on health, safety and the environment
Piece Small, Reverse Installation or Single Lift decommissioning strategies