Retail Water Complaints Procedure

How to raise a Retail Water Complaint

At Veolia, our aim is to provide our Retail Water customers with great customer service. If for any reason you would like to make a complaint, you can find information below on how to do so.

Stage 1

In the first instance, you can get in touch with us via phone, email or post. Our customer service team will do their best to resolve your complaint within 8 working days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide you with updates along the way.


How to contact us

Telephone: 0203 567 8174

Email: [email protected]

Post: Water Retail, 1 Masterton Park, South Castle Drive, Dunfermline, KY11 8NX


Business hours

Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. You may leave a message outside of these hours and we will call you back by 10am the following working day.

Stage 2

If you feel that your complaint has not been handled satisfactorily, you can ask for your complaint to be escalated to the Retail Water Operations Manager.

Stage 3

If you remain dissatisfied at the resolution proposed by Veolia, you may contact the SPSO in Scotland and the CCWater in England. You can find their details below.


For properties in Scotland (SPSO)

If you remain dissatisfied, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at your complaint. The SPSO is the final stage for complaints about public services in Scotland. The SPSO cannot normally look at complaints:

  • where you have not gone all the way through the organisation’s complaints handling procedure
  • more than 12 months after you became aware of the matter you want to complain about, or
  • that have been or are being considered in court.

How to contact the SPSO

In Person: SPSO, Bridgeside House, 99 McDonald Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4NS.

Post: Freepost SPSO (you don’t need to use a stamp)

Freephone: 0800 377 7330



For properties in England

If you feel that we have not resolved your complaint satisfactorily and you remain dissatisfied, you can contact CCWater.

How to contact CCWater

Post: The Consumer Council for Water, 1st Floor, Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4AJ.

Phone: 0300 034 2222 (Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5pm)

Email: [email protected]

Online at

If you are still dissatisfied following an outcome from CCWater, you may be eligible to contact the ADR Group. The ADR Group is an independent decision making scheme for unresolved complaints made by customers against water companies.  You must have referred your complaint to CCWater before you can apply to the ADR Group.

To apply to use the scheme:


Email: [email protected] and ask for an application form to be sent to you.

You can also call 020 3600 5050 to request a copy to be sent by post.