Fed up with Junk Mail? You are not alone but there are easy ways you can reduce it!
17.5 billion pieces of junk mail are produced each year in the UK, this includes addressed and unaddressed junk mail. Take a look at our easy steps and free 'Junk Mail Pack' to get you started (see bottom of page for information on obtaining a FREE pack).
4 Easy Ways to reduce Junk Mail
1. Register with the Mail Preference Service (MPS) to remove yourself from mailing lists. This can be done free online or by phone (see pack for details)
2. Register for the Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Outs to prevent you from receiving unaddressed mail. Free post form is included in the pack
3. Choose online statements- many utility suppliers and banks now offer online statements so you can access them electronically when and wherever you like
4. Check the tick box! When you give your details to a company or purchase items online make sure you untick the box that subscribes you updates via the post or tick the one that requests that your information is not passed on to other companies and you do not wish to receive further infomation from them
Junk Mail Packs
There are two ways to get a FREE pack, you can either download the document from the bottom of this web page and print at home or click here to apply for a pack to be posted out to you.
The pack contains:
- Information on reducing your junk mail
- A No Junk Mail letterbox sticker
- Free post form for Royal Mail Door to Door Opt Outs
Don't forget if you do have unwanted mail delivered remember to place it in your GREEN BOX for recycling!